Creativity shines through at Brooke Priory Easter bonnet parade
YOUNGSTERS put their creative skills on show during an Easter parade.
Brooke Priory School pupils aged two to seven spent last month making bonnets for their annual parade.
They then wore the bonnets in front off the whole school to show off their work.
Winners were chosen from each year group, with each receiving an Easter egg.
Parents were rewarded for their hard work helping make the bonnets with a coffee morning, organised by the Friends of Brooke Priory.
They also got a chance to see all the bonnets that the children had made.
The morning raised £120 for the Day Trust Fund, which was set up to help Kimberley, 15, and Adam Day, 14, following the deaths of their parents Toby and Samantha and their sister Genevieve.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
- Residents in Edmonton Way set to raise parking problems at meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West