New gardens for Oakham pupils
THE Rotary Club of Rutland has finished building garden areas at the new Oakham CE Primary School in Burley Road.
The gardens were designed by Teresa Thompson from Oakham in Bloom and include three plant beds and five raised beds with composters.
The beds are intended to help pupils at the school to widen their knowledge of natural history, flowers and vegetable growing and have been handed over to the school by president Malcolm Mann and president-elect Richard Simmons.
Malcolm said: “The whole project has been funded by Rutland Rotary along with a grant from our Rotary District Foundation.
“I do hope the children here make the best use of these facilities.
“I’m sure that they will develop a better understanding of where food comes from if they grow their own.”
- Planes to fly over Eyebrook Reservoir to mark 70th anniversary of Dambusters Raid in Germany
- Woman enters guilty plea after death of motorcyclist
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east