Did you spot Rutland's UFO?
A father and son spotted a UFO hovering above the skies of Uppingham.
Stephen Pepper and eight-year-old Sonny were travelling back to the town from Launde Abbey on Wednesday evening when they saw the object above Uppingham.
The UFO had a large dome shape on top with lights that looked like an erupting volcano. It stayed in the sky for a minute and then disappeared.
Stephen, of The Beeches in Uppingham, said: "I know for sure this was a UFO. If I had been stumbling out of the pub at the end of the night people might not have believed me but this was at 6.15pm when I was driving home from work."
Did you see the UFO? Contact the Rutland Times with your stories and pictures on (01572) 758888 or email email@example.com
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Residents in Edmonton Way set to raise parking problems at meeting
- Inside the Tigers’ Den - Final promises to be a seismic clash
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west