Four gardens open in Wing for the National Gardens Scheme
FOUR gardens were open to the public in Wing on Sunday as part of the National Gardens Scheme.
More than £1,500 was raised at the events for the initiative which raises money throughout the year for a number of national charities.
The gardens that opened included Home Close, in Church Street, which showed visitors what they can do with a small space and Wingwell, a contemporary garden, with a vegetable and cutting area and woodland and meadow walks.
Rutland coordinator for the National Garden Scheme Rose D’Jardin said: “It was very well attended and we raised a lot for the scheme.
“The forecast was not brilliant so we were very lucky that the weather was with us too.”
- Planes to fly over Eyebrook Reservoir to mark 70th anniversary of Dambusters Raid in Germany
- Woman enters guilty plea after death of motorcyclist
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North