Homeless woman spat at teenagers in Oakham, court hears
A HOMELESS woman spat at two 17-year-old girls and shouted racist abuse at a police officer in Oakham, a court heard.
Fidelma Dorian, 48, appeared before magistrates at Hinckley Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday after complaints about her aggressive begging on Sunday.
She pleaded guilty to two counts of common assault by beating, two public order offences and racially aggravated harassment, and was given a 36-hour sentence for the offences.
PC Joe Lloyd, beat officer for Oakham and Barleythorpe, has urged people to report any incidents of aggressive begging.
He said: “I would ask people to help the police by not giving money to those on the street and reporting any incidents to us.
“Some beggars may be genuinely in need but others can become aggressive and people feel intimidated into giving them money.
“We are working with the council and other agencies to offer the right kind of support to anyone begging on the streets and would urge shoppers not to encourage beggars by giving them money.”
- Planes to fly over Eyebrook Reservoir to mark 70th anniversary of Dambusters Raid in Germany
- Woman enters guilty plea after death of motorcyclist
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North