Olympic flame is carried across on Rutland Water
THE Olympic torch relay made its way across Rutland Water in a historic moment.
The picture above shows Matt Usher, 40, from Wellingborough, passing the flame to Steve King, 68, from Lincoln, in from of Normanton church this afternoon (Tuesday).
The torch set off from Whitwell just after 3pm in front of a crowd of spectators. Friends and family of the torchbearers had the best seats of all, following the journey from the Rutland Belle ferry.
The flame was passed in front of the church in the only “kiss” to take place on water during the torch’s route.
It was then carried back to the shore to be transported to Uppingham.
- Planes to fly over Eyebrook Reservoir to mark 70th anniversary of Dambusters Raid in Germany
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Woman enters guilty plea after death of motorcyclist
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North