Rain spoils the annual Steamtrak event in Great Casterton
RAIN and mud caused some problems at an event held in Great Casterton over the weekend.
The annual Steamtrak event held behind The Crown Inn was almost a washout and some vintage tractors and engines had to be turned away because they were not able to drive onto the field.
But organiser Tom Boon managed to get some steam engines and vintage vehicles parked on the car park at The Crown Inn on the Sunday and did not charge people entry to avoid any disappointment.
He said: “The Saturday was good in the day but it rained all night so we couldn’t risk it on the Sunday it was so wet.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Residents in Edmonton Way set to raise parking problems at meeting
- Inside the Tigers’ Den - Final promises to be a seismic clash
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North