Thousands enjoy 24th annual Birdfair at Rutland Water
THOUSANDS of wildlife lovers braved the heat enjoyed the 24th British Birdwatching Fair at Rutland Water over the weekend.
Bird and wildlife enthusiasts spent three days at Rutland Water Nature Reserve in Egleton, listening to celebrity lectures and browsing the hundreds of stalls spread out throughout six marquees.
People from all over the world visit Rutland each year for the Birdfair, which is described as “Glastonbury for bird lovers”. Representatives came from as far away as Australia to talk about the birds that can be seen in their countries.
Even the volunteers who work throughout the weekend come from all over Britain and beyond to help.
The event was raising money for Birdlife International to protect birds which use the Asia to Australasia flyway during migration.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Residents in Edmonton Way set to raise parking problems at meeting
- Inside the Tigers’ Den - Final promises to be a seismic clash
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west