Video: Exton and Greetham pupils sing their diamond jubilee song
PUPILS at Exton and Greetham Primary School have received a letter from Buckingham Palace after they sent a recorded version of a song they had written for the diamond jubilee to the Queen.
The pupils also performed the song along with a collection of others to more than 20 visitors at the school on Thursday as part of the school’s regular community lunches.
The visitors were served lunch by the Year 6 pupils before enjoying the entertainment.
Headteacher Kathy Whitehead said: “The children were delighted to get the letter from the Queen.
“We have recently created a new memories board and one Year 5 pupil even recorded getting the letter as his best memory at our school.”
The idea to send a recorded version of the song, called Jubilee, to the Queen came from a suggestion by one of the visitors to a community lunch.
Every pupil at the school was involved in the school’s recording.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Man left with serious face injury following assault in Oakham
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Former Oakham town councillor Martin Brookes denies harassment charges
- Residents in Edmonton Way set to raise parking problems at meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Oakham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West